Customer engagement is one of the key pieces of a customer retention strategy. To effectively engage your audience, you have to interact with them over a channel they’re comfortable with.
So, what channel are our customers comfortable with nowadays?
You’d have to be living under a rock for the last decade or two to not realize that the entire world has moved towards text-centric communications. As a business, it’s imperative for you to integrate business texting in your customer engagement strategy to converse with your customer base.
You don’t have to take our word for it.
Here are 25 stats that prove why texting is the best customer engagement channel for your business
1. 9 out of 10 users would like to talk to businesses using messaging. (Twilio)
2. The Do Not Contact rate on starting a conversation with text is less than 1% while that for calling first, sits close to 25%. (Statflo Conversation Report)
3. 90% of business leads prefer text messages over phone calls. (FranchiseHelp)
4. SMS has a 98% open rate and only 1% spam rate compared to emails which only have a 22% open rate. (Mobile Marketing Watch)
5. 75% of millennials want to receive communication about deliveries, surveys, and appointments over text messages. (OpenMarket)
6. The click-through rate on offer messages is 10% higher than that of email (SMS Comparison)
7. 64% of customers prefer an interactive two-way text communication with businesses. (Finance Online)
8. 83% of consumers would prefer to book and receive appointments details via text (Learning Hub)
9. The number of texts sent each day in America has grown by 216% since 2010. (Statistic Brain Research Institute)
10. 85% of consumers want to be able to engage in text conversations with a business - not just receive information. (Twilio)
11. Texting a prospect after initial contact can increase conversion rates by 112.6%. (Leads360, Crazy Egg)
12. The average SMS campaign conversion rate is 45%. (Salesforce)
13. Text message response rates are 209% higher than phone call response rates. (FranchiseHelp)
14. SMS produces engagement rates 6-8X higher than retailers normally achieve via email when used for redemption, data collection, and brand awareness (Retail Dive)
15. SMS/Text is the most requested channel for business use. (Smarsh, Wealth Management)
16. 95% of texts from businesses are read within 3 minutes of being sent. (Forbes)
17. The average response time for a text message is 6,000% (60X) faster than email. (CTIA, HubSpot)
18. On average, 66% of Americans check their phones 47 times a day (Journal of Accountancy)
19. 91% of users who opted in to receive texts from a brand see those messages as “somewhat” or “very useful”. (Salesforce Mobile Behaviour Report)
20. 58% of consumers indicated they would view a business more positively if they offered SMS capabilities. (Flowroute Nationwide Survey)
21. 33% of consumers said they opted in to a brand’s text messages to gain access to more meaningful content. (Salesforce Mobile Behaviour Report)
22. 83% of consumers would prefer to book and receive appointments details via text (Learning Hub)
23. 43% of consumers prefer to receive business text messages 4 - 6 times per month (Attentive Mobile Consumer Report)
24. By 2025 80% of customer service organisations will abandon native mobile apps in favor of messaging (Gartner)
25. 90% of customers prefer to receive text ads than direct calls from businesses (Finances Online)