Customer engagement is one of the key pieces of a customer retention strategy. To effectively engage your audience, you have to interact with them over a channel they’re comfortable with.
So, what channel are our customers comfortable with nowadays?
You’d have to be living under a rock for the last decade or two to not realize that the entire world has moved towards text-centric communications. As a business, it’s imperative for you to integrate business texting in your customer engagement strategy to converse with your customer base.
You don’t have to take our word for it.
Here are 21 stats that prove why texting is the best customer engagement channel for your business-
1. 9 out of 10 users would like to talk to businesses using messaging. (Twilio)
2. The Do Not Contact rate on starting a conversation with text is less than 1% while that for calling first, sits close to 25%. (Statflo Conversation Report)
3. 90% of business leads prefer text messages over phone calls. (FranchiseHelp)
4. SMS has a 98% open rate and only 1% spam rate compared to emails which only have a 22% open rate. (Mobile Marketing Watch)
5. 75% of millennials want to receive communication about deliveries, surveys, and appointments over text messages. (OpenMarket)
6. 79% of smartphone users make their shopping decisions based on SMS opt-in or similar mobile device services. (Mobit)
7. Over 35% of phone users in the world are best reached by SMS. (Slick Text)
8. Over half of consumers (52%) would rather have marketing and promotional messages texted to them, 55% of consumers prefer texting for sales/inquiries. (Zipwhip)
9. The number of texts sent each day in America has grown by 216% since 2010. (Statistic Brain Research Institute)
10. 85% of consumers want to be able engage in text conversations with a business - not just receive information. (Twilio)
11. Texting a prospect after initial contact can increase conversion rates by 112.6%. (Leads360, Crazy Egg)
12. The average SMS campaign conversion rate is 45%. (Salesforce)
13. Text message response rates are 209% higher than phone call response rates. (FranchiseHelp)
14. 89% of people would like to text with businesses. (Twilio)
15. SMS/Text is the most requested channel for business use. (Smarsh, Wealth Management)
16. 95% of texts from businesses are read within 3 minutes of being sent. (Forbes)
17. The average response time for a text message is 6,000% (60X) faster than email. (CTIA, HubSpot)
18. The lifetime text message subscriber opt out rate is only 4.87%. (Text Request)
19. 91% of users who opted in to receive texts from a brand see those messages as “somewhat” or “very useful”. (Salesforce Mobile Behaviour Report)
20. 58% of consumers indicated they would view a business more positively if they offered SMS capabilities. (Flowroute Nationwide Survey)
21. 33% of consumers said they opted in to a brand’s text messages to gain access to more meaningful content. (Salesforce Mobile Behaviour Report)