This Privacy Notice covers the information collection practices of: - Our websites that display or link to this Privacy Notice, including http://www.statflo.com; - Our offices; - Our branded social media pages; - Receive communications from us, including emails, phone calls, texts or fax; - Register for our events, webinars or contests; - Our software and any partner software that links to this Privacy Notice.
However, while our platform and products that link to this Privacy Notice are covered by this policy, any software provided by third parties are covered by the privacy statement of the third party and this Privacy Notice does not apply.
Our websites may contain links to other websites, applications and services maintained by third parties. The information practices of such other services, or of social media networks that host our branded social media pages, are governed by third parties’ privacy statements, which we encourage you to review to better understand those third parties’ privacy practices.
Who are customers, visitors & attendees?
Statflo inc. is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit our websites (“Visitors”), individuals who register to use our Services as defined below (“Customers”), and individuals who register to attend our corporate events (“Attendees”). This Privacy Notice describes our privacy practices in relation to the use of our websites and the related applications and services offered by us.
02. What information do we collect?
2.1 Personal Data we collect directly
The Personal Data that we collect directly includes the following:
- When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the Services or registering to use the Services, Statflo requires you to provide the Company with personal contact information, such as name, company name, address, phone number, and email address ("Required Contact Information"). - When purchasing the Services, Statflo may require you to provide the Company with financial qualification and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number, and the number of employees within the organization that will be using the Services (“Billing Information”). Statflo may also ask you to provide additional information, such as company annual revenues, number of employees, or industry (“Optional Information”). Required Contact Information, Billing Information, and Optional Information about Customers are referred to collectively as “Data About Statflo Customers”, or in the case of Attendees, "Data About Statflo Attendees". - As you navigate the Company’s Web sites, Statflo may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and Web beacons (“Web Site Navigational Information”). Web Site Navigational Information includes standard information from your Web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on the Company’s Web sites (such as the Web pages viewed and the links clicked). - If you visit our offices, you may be required to register as a visitor and to provide your name, email address, phone number, company name and time and date of arrival. - If you provide to us or to our service providers any Personal Data relating to other individuals, you represent that you have the authority to do so and permit us to use the Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If you believe that your Personal Data has been provided to us improperly, or to otherwise exercise your rights relating to your Personal Data, please contact us by using the information in the “Contacting us” section, below.
2.2 Personal Data we collect from other sources
We also collect information about you from other sources, including third parties from whom we have purchased Personal Data, and combine this information with Personal Data provided by you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers and create more tailored advertising to provide services that may be of interest to you. In particular, we collect Personal Data from the following sources:
- Third party providers of business contact information, including mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behaviour data), IP addresses, social media profiles, LinkedIn URLs and custom profiles, for purposes of targeted advertising, delivering relevant email content, event promotion and profiling; - Communication platforms such as Intercom and Drift that allow us to communicate electronically with customers and prospects; - Support platforms such as Zendesk that handle customer support tickets;
03. How we use the data we collected
How do we use the data we collected?
There are a number of ways we can use data collection. Here is how we use it:Providing our websites and online services:
04. What is "Web Site Navigational Information"?
4.1 Cookies, Web Beacons and IP Addresses
We use commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information as you navigate our websites. The following describes how we use different categories of cookies and similar technologies and your options for managing the data collection settings of these technologies (see below).
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Forms related cookies - When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence. - Site preferences cookies - In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you. For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, these social sites may set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
4.1.2 Web Beacons
We may use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about Customers and Visitors’ usage of our websites, our online services and interaction with emails from us. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular Website tied to the web beacon and a description of a Web site tied to the Web beacon. For example, we may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our websites. We use web beacons to operate and improve our websites and email communications.
4.1.3 IP Addresses
When you visit our websites or services, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non-personal information. For example, we uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which Customers and Visitors navigate our websites.
We also collect IP addresses from Customers whey they log into the Services as part of the Company’s “Identity Confirmation” and “IP Range Restrictions” security features.
4.1.4 Social Media Features
Our websites may use social media features, such as the Facebook ‘like’ button, Instagram photos or feeds from Twitter. These features may collect your IP address and which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. You may be given the option by such Social Media Features to post information about your activities on our website to a profile page of yours that is provided by a third party Social Media network in order to share with others within your network. Social Media Features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing the relevant Social Media Features.
4.1.5 Opt-Out from the collection of device and usage data
You may opt-out from the collection of device and usage data by managing your cookies at the individual browser level. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies and similar technologies used on our websites or services, you may not be able to take full advantage of the websites or services.
4.1.6 Do Not Track
Currently, various browsers – including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari – offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that relies on a technology known as a DNT header, which sends a signal to websites’ visited by the user about the user’s browser DNT preference setting. We do not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to our websites or services, in part, because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators, including no consistent standard of interpreting user intent. We take privacy and meaningful choice seriously and will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
05. Public forums, refer a friend, and customer testimonials
Public forums, refer a friend, and customer testimonials
In the future, we may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on our websites or services. Any personal information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. Statflo is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
Customers and Visitors may elect to use our referral program to inform friends about our websites or services. When using the referral program, we may request the friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit our websites. We do not store this information.
We may post a list of Customers and testimonials on our websites that contain information such as Customer names and titles. Exemptions to this may be made by asking your Customer Success Manager for an opt-out to having this information publicly available.
06. Sharing of any information collected
6.1 Service Providers
We may share data we collected with our contracted service providers so that these service providers can provide services on our behalf. Without limiting the foregoing, we may also share Data About Statflo Customers and Data About Statflo Attendees with our service providers to ensure the quality of information provided, and with third-party social networking and media Web sites, such as Facebook, for marketing and advertising on those Web sites. Unless described in this Privacy Notice, Statflo does not share, sell, rent, or trade any information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
6.3 Business Partners
From time to time, we may partner with other companies to jointly offer products or services. If you purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly-offered product or service from Statflo, we may share Data About Statflo Customers collected in connection with your purchase or expression of interest with our joint promotion partner(s). We do not control our business partners’ use of the Data About Statflo Customers we collect, and their use of the information will be in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you do not wish for your information to be shared in this manner, you may opt not to purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly-offered product or service.
We do not share Data About Statflo Attendees with business partners unless: (1) you specifically opt-in to such sharing via an event registration form; or (2) you attend a Company event and allow Statflo or any of its designees to scan your attendee badge. If you do not wish for your information to be shared in this manner, you may choose not to opt in via event registration forms. If you choose to share your information with business partners in the manners described above, your information will be subject to the business partners’ respective privacy statements.
6.4 Third Parties
This Privacy Notice sets forth the information we collect on our websites and the information we share with third parties. We do not authorize the collection of personal information by third parties through advertising technologies deployed on our websites, nor do we share personal information with any third parties collected from our websites, except as provided in this Privacy Notice. The section "Web Site Navigational Information" specifically addresses the information we collect through cookies and web beacons, and how you can control cookies through your Web browsers.
We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use Billing Information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
6.6 Compelled Disclosure
We reserve the right to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. If we are involved in a merger, reorganization, dissolution or other fundamental corporate change, or sell a website or business unit, or if all or a portion of our business, assets or stock are acquired by a third party, with such third party. In accordance with applicable laws, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any transfer of data to an unaffiliated third party.
07. International transfer of information collected
International transfer of information collected
Your data may be collected, transferred to and stored by us in the United States, Canada and by our affiliates in other countries where we operate. While we strive to maintain data storage in the country of origin, your data may be processed outside the country of origin, such as directly in the United States from time to time. In this event, we will ensure that such recipient offers an adequate level of protection, for instance by entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data, or we will ask you for your prior consent to such international data transfers.
08. Your communications preferences
Your communications preferences
We offer Visitors, Customers, and Attendees who provide contact information a means to choose how we use the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails.
09. Correcting and updating your information
Correcting and updating your information
Customers may update or change their registration information by editing their user or company records. To update a user profile, please log in our services with your username and password and visit the Edit My Profile section. To update your company's information please log in and click "Update My Dealer". Attendees may update or change their registration information on the event’s website if one exists. To update Billing Information or have your registration information deleted, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 888 STATFLO.
10. Customer Data
Statflo Customers may electronically submit data or information to our online services for hosting and processing purposes. We will not review, share, distribute, or reference any such customer data except as provided in the Master Subscription Agreement, or as may be required by law. In accordance with the Master Subscription Agreement, we may access customer data only for the purpose of providing the Services or preventing or addressing service or technical problems or as may be required by law.
11. Mobile applications
Without limiting the generality of this Privacy Notice, in addition to information gathered through our websites or submitted to our services or products, we may obtain information through applications that Customers or their authorized individuals download to, and run on, their mobile devices. Mobile Applications provided by us may obtain information from, or access data stored on, users’ devices to provide services related to the relevant Mobile Application. For example, a Mobile Application may: access a camera on a User’s Device to enable the User to upload photographs to the Services; access the call history on a User’s Device to enable the User to upload that information to the Services; access calendar information on a User’s Device to enable the User to match meeting attendees with contacts submitted by the User to the Services; access the geographic location of a User’s Device to enable the User to identify contacts submitted by the User to the Services who are nearby; or access contact information on a User’s Device to enable the User to sync contact information between the information that is stored on the User’s Device and the information that is submitted to the Services. Information obtained to provide Mobile Application services may include information obtained in preparation for anticipated updates to those services. Mobile Applications may transmit information to and from Devices to provide the Mobile Application services.
Mobile Applications may provide Statflo with information related to Users’ use of the Mobile Application services, information regarding Users’ computer systems, and information regarding Users’ interaction with Mobile Applications, which Statflo may use to provide and improve the Mobile Application services. For example, all actions taken in a Mobile Application may be logged, along with associated information (such as the time of day when each action was taken). Statflo may also share anonymous data about these actions with third-party providers of analytics services. In addition, if a User downloads a Statflo Mobile Application after clicking on a third-party mobile advertisement for the Mobile Application or for Statflo, the third-party advertiser may provide Statflo with certain information, such as the User’s Device identification information, which Statflo may use to track the performance of its advertising campaigns.
Customers may configure Statflo Mobile Application services, and the information accessed or obtained by the Mobile Application on a User’s Device may be affected by the Customer’s configuration. In addition, if a Customer purchases more than one Service from Statflo and its affiliates, a Mobile Application may be designed to interoperate with those Services; for instance, to provide a User with access to information from any or all of those Services or to provide information from a User’s Device to any or all of those Services. Information accessed or obtained by the Mobile Application on a User’s Device may be accessible to the Customer and its organization, depending on the intended functionality of the Mobile Application.
In addition to Mobile Applications offered by Statflo, the Company may offer platforms for the creation of third-party Mobile Applications, including but not limited to the Statflo platform. Third parties may obtain information from, or access data stored on, Users’ Devices to provide services associated with any third-party Mobile Applications that Users download, install, use, or otherwise interact with over a Statflo platform. Statflo’s Mobile Applications may also contain links or integrations to other Mobile Applications provided by third parties. Third parties’ use of information collected through third-party Mobile Applications is governed by the privacy statements of such third parties. The Company encourages you to review the privacy statements of third-party providers of Mobile Applications to understand their information practices.
Notices and contractual terms related to a particular Mobile Application may be found in the End User License Agreement or relevant terms of service for that application. The Company encourages you to review the End User License Agreement or relevant terms of service related to any Mobile Applications you download, install, use, or otherwise interact with to understand that Mobile Application’s information practices. The Mobile Application’s access to information through a User’s Device does not cause that information to be “Customer Data” under Statflo’s Master Subscription Agreement with the Customer or under this Privacy Notice, except as follows: To the extent that a User uses a Mobile Application to submit electronic data and information to a Customer account on our Services pursuant to the Customer’s Master Subscription Agreement with Statflo (or a similar agreement that governs the Customer’s subscription(s) to Statflo’s Services), that information constitutes “Customer Data” as defined in such agreement, and the provisions of that agreement with respect to privacy and security of such data will apply.
We take precautions including organizational, technical and physical measures to help safeguard against the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration and unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, the data we process or use. While we follow generally accepted standards to protect data, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. You are solely responsible for protecting your password, limiting access to your devices and signing out of websites after your sessions. If you have any questions about the security of our platforms and websites, please contact us by using the information in the “Contacting us” section.
13. How long do we keep your Personal Data?
How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We may retain your data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. We determine the appropriate retention period for data on the basis of the amount, nature and sensitivity of your data processed, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your data and whether we can achieve the purposes of the processing through other means, as well as on the basis of applicable legal requirements (such as applicable statutes of limitation).
After expiry of the applicable retention periods, your data will be deleted. If there is any data that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further use of such data.
For further information on applicable data retention periods, please contact us by using the information in the "Contacting us" section.
14. Your rights related to your personal data
14.1 Your rights
You have certain rights relating to your data, subject to local data protection laws. Depending on the applicable laws, these rights may include:
- Right to Access: To access your Personal Identifiable Information (PII) held by us;
- Right to Accuracy: To rectify inaccurate Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and, taking into account the purpose of processing the data, ensure it is complete;
- Right to be Forgotten: To erase/delete your Personal Identifiable Information (PII), to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws;
- Right to Object: To object to any processing of your data carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests. Where we process your data for direct marketing purposes or share it with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection;
- To the extent we base the collection, processing and sharing of your data on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
If you are a resident of California, under the age of 18 and have registered for an account with us, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to our websites. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, because, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another visitor to our websites.
14.2 How to exercise your rights
To exercise your rights, please contact us by using the information in the “Contacting us” section. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month and will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honour your request. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month, taking into account the complexity and number of requests we receive. If you are an employee of one of our customers, we recommend you contact your company’s system administrator for assistance in correcting or updating your information.
Some registered users may update their user settings, profiles, organization settings and event registrations by logging into their accounts and editing their settings or profiles.
To update your billing information, discontinue your account and/or request return or deletion of your data and other information associated with your account, please contact us by using the information in the “Contacting us” section.
14.3 Your rights relating to Customer Data
As described above, we may also process data in the role of a processor. If your data has been submitted to us by a Statflo customer and you wish to exercise any rights you may have under applicable data protection laws, please inquire with the applicable customer directly. Because we may only access a customer’s data upon instruction from that customer, if you wish to make your request directly to us, please provide to us the name of the Statflo customer who submitted your data to us. We will refer your request to that customer and will support them as needed in responding to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
14.4 Your preferences for email and SMS marketing communications
If we process your data for the purpose of sending you marketing communications, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails, by replying or texting ‘STOP’ if you receive SMS communications or by turning off push notifications on our apps on your device. Additionally, you unsubscribe by contacting us using the information in the “Contacting us" section. Please note that opting out of marketing communications does not opt you out of receiving important business communications related to your current relationship with us, such as communications about your subscriptions or event registrations, service announcements or security information.
14.5 Your preferences for telemarketing communications
If you want your phone number to be added to our internal Do-Not-Call telemarketing register, please contact us by using the information in the “Contacting us” section, below. Please include your first name, last name, company and the phone number you wish to add to our Do-Not-Call register.
Alternatively, you can always let us know during a telemarketing call that you do not want to be called again for marketing purposes.
15. Changes to this Privacy Notice
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our practices, technologies, legal requirements and other factors. If we do, we will update the “effective date” at the top of this Privacy Notice to inform you of the change. If we make an update, we may provide you with notice prior to the update taking effect, such as by posting a conspicuous notice on our website or by contacting you using the email address you provided. We strongly encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay informed about our collection, processing and sharing of your data.
16. Contacting our Privacy Officer
Contacting our Privacy Officer
Questions regarding this Privacy Notice, our information practices, or to exercise your rights regarding your data, email us at email@example.com with the heading "Privacy" affixed to the subject, or mail us at:
Statflo Inc CC: Privacy Officer 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1900 Toronto, ON M5E-1E5