“What comes before customer loyalty and repeat purchases is basically a stellar customer experience that leads to word-of-mouth publicity. It’s critical to a build relationship outside the transactional pieces and nurture a connection between the dealer and the customer. A simple, modern sales process that’s really easy for the customer to go through and builds this one-to-one relationship is key to ensuring customer satisfaction.” - Michelle Denogean, CMO, Roadster
Roadster specializes in digitizing the end-to-end sales process and prides itself on being the leading omnichannel commerce platform for automotive dealers.
In this episode of One-to-One, Statflo’s Senior Director of Business Development, Chris Clement, sat down with Michelle Denogean, CMO at Roadster, to chat about how automotive dealers can effectively modernize the customer experience.
One-to-One gives you a glimpse into the world and mindset of CX leaders. If you liked this conversation and don’t want to miss future episodes, catch us on Spotify, YouTube, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or your favorite podcast app.
Don’t be afraid of tech; rather embrace technology to empower your sales processes, which will in turn streamline and modernize your customer experience.
Also, how you use tech internally is key – technology is only the 20% part of the equation. The remaining 80% comes down to what you do with the tech and how you utilize it to your benefit. Mapping out what your core objectives and goals are and training your team to use the technology in a way that gets you closer to those goals is the most crucial part of the process.
Businesses are fixated on the millennial buyer but the reality is, the buying behaviours that we’ve been associating with that generation now apply to almost all. The consumer behaviours of all generations and their shopping patterns have drastically changed over the last few years and have been exacerbated by COVID-19. It’s crucial to be focussing on the larger picture of how to cater to these changing buyer behaviours instead of trying to figure out how to engage a single generation.
It goes without saying that a millennial workforce will help you to connect with and sell to your tech-savvy, millennial customers. So, instead of focussing on millennial buyers, businesses ought to be focussing on millennial employees. If you want to attract, retain, and nurture a young workforce, you need to evaluate what type of technology you’re using at your store. Empowering your workforce with the right kind of tech will ensure that your millennial employees are happy working for you and happy selling to your customers.